I'm Helen (Dip CBH, Dip SMRB, BSc(Hons), MEd, MA(Ed), PGTC, MAC, MCIM, GHR (Reg), GHQP, MNCH (Reg)) and I've worked in various roles in both education & industry for over twenty years. I passionately believe in education for everyone and unlocking the potential that's in us all. It's continual learning that keeps us feeling alive! I want to motivate all to live fulfilled, enterprising and exciting lives with passion, empathy and a greater curiosity for life and learning.
My background includes experience as a teacher, examiner, researcher, trainer, consultant, director, coach and project manager. I've also spent time overseas developing professional qualifications and providing consultancy support throughout a diverse variety of organisations. I've led an extensive series of workshops which have included looking at what education might look like in 2020, combined with educational skills development. Plus given expert seminars on key themes including: employer engagement, teaching and learning and partnership working. I’ve also specialised in leadership development, 14-19 policy and strategy, and have led various curriculum initiatives and focused my research on the themes of partnership working, collaboration and coaching in education.
This wealth of experience, along with the desire to develop a holistic approach to all aspects of my life, has inspired me to move into coaching, mindfulness and cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy. By combining my education and coaching experience, I am able to recognise potential and have an innate knowledge of how people learn and work at their very best. I've been studying psychology though since I was sixteen and my father gave me the book "Feel the fear and do it anyway" shortly after that. I have been developing as a coach over a period of fifteen years plus, my formal coaching training started with the CTI Coactive Coaching Fundamentals programme and I’m a Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist and my other qualifications include:
Professional Qualifications (include):
- MEd Practitioner Research
- MA Education Management
- CIM Postgraduate Diploma
- BSc (Hons) Business Management and Psychology
- PGTC Secondary Education
- Stillpoint Impact for Change Coaching Programme
- CTI Coactive Coaching fundamentals Programme
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Certified Hypnodieting Consultant
- NLP Practitioner, NLP Practitioner of Hypnosis, NLP Coach, Time Line Therapy Practitioner
- Mindfulness Practitioner
- Reiki Practitioner
- EFT Practitioner
- MTQ48 Licensed User
- Hypnobirthing Consultant
- Certified Hypnotension™ Practitioner
- Diploma in Stress Management and Resilience Building (Dip SMRB)
Membership of Professional Associations:
- Fellow of the Institute for Learning
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Member of the Association for Coaching/International Coaching Federation
- Member of the General Hypnotherapy Register
- Member of the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council
- Member of The National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- Licentiate Member of the Register of Evidence-Based Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy
- Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry
I have professional indemnity insurance and a cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy supervisor. I am constantly keeping up-to-date through CPD in terms of training, research, reading and networking.
Enhanced DBS check
Registered PruHealth Provider
My coaching and cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy portfolio covers: young people, teachers, headteachers, managers in a variety of sectors, senior executives and a plethora of private clients wanting change. My research interests include: Coaching Psychology and development of Coaching cultures for learning.
My own life experience has given me a great deal of both personal and professional insight into change so I know that I can help you. I also know that it's essential to find the right coach for you. That's why I offer a free telephone consultation to establish what you are trying to achieve and how best I can help you achieve it.